Effective date: 01/01/2023
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Way We Collect and Use Information
We collect personal information that you submit when you visit the Site which may include your name, title, company or organization name, e-mail, phone, and descriptions of product being shipped and other information you provide when you contact us with an inquiry or request a quotation.
We use the collected information for our general commercial purposes such as to improve our Site, grow our business and to offer our own, our affiliates’ or third-party products or services that we think you may find of interest. This includes:
- Performing services for you:
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement to which we are a party;
- To assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- To allow tracking of shipments;
- To prepare and process invoices;
- To respond to queries or requests and to provide services and support;
- To provide aftersales customer relationship management;
- To create and manage our customer accounts;
- To notify you about changes to our services and products;
- To administer any promotion, contest, survey, or competition;
- To provide you information regarding our products and services,
- To offer our products and services to you in a personalized way, for example, we may provide suggestions based on your previous requests to enable you to identify suitable products and services more quickly.
- For marketing and promotions we believe you may find of interest and to provide you, or allow selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services that may interest you.
- Auditing relating to transactions, internal research and development:
- To provide for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, Site customization, enhancement or development, testing, research, administration and operation of our Sites and data analytics;
- To create products or services that may meet your needs;
- To measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and websites "powered by" another company on our behalf.
- Security detection, protection and enforcement; functionality debugging, error repair:
- As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- To ensure the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud, malicious activity or abuses of our Sites, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password (if applicable);
- To ensure the physical security of our premises through the monitoring of surveillance images;
- To resolve disputes, to protect the rights, safety and interests ourselves, our users or others, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Quality control:
- To monitor quality control and ensure compliance with our legal obligations, codes and ordinances, policies and procedures,
- To develop and improve our products and services, for example, by reviewing visits to the Sites and various subpages, demand for specific products and services and user comments.
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
Accessing your information and your choices
You can update, amend or delete your information at any time by using the Contact Us page.
You can choose not to receive promotional emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.
We may reveal information about you to unaffiliated third parties:
- if you request or authorize it;
- if the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- if the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets);
- if the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.); or
We do not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information contained in our system against unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, loss or alteration. We may use standard encryption technology to protect information being transferred to our site, but no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
Data Processing and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Links to other sites
We may permit others to link to this Site or to post a link to their site on ours. We do not endorse these sites and are not responsible for other sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
1. Notice to Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah Residents
2. Notice to Nevada Residents
We do not transfer personal information for monetary consideration. If you would like to tell us not to sell your information in the future please email us at email@example.com with your name, postal address, telephone number and email address with “Nevada do not sell” in the subject line.
3. Notices to California Residents
Your California Privacy Rights.
California residents with an established business relationship with us are permitted by California law once a year to request information about the manner in which we shared certain categories of information with others for their marketing purposes during the prior calendar year. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use.
How To Contact Us
If you have additional questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.
Mitsubishi Logistics America Corporation
New York Head Office
48 Wall Street, Suite 401,
New York, NY 10005